During the course of a conversation with my daughter, I was 'being entertained by the playful antics of her (nearly) two year old son #3, Trace Jay. What struck
me was that Amy has developed a quality of patience with the 'constant attention'
and need that a two year old requires.
Trace is a perfectly normal little guy, but he is still learning his own boundaries
as well as those that everyone else has for him. When he was allowed to climb some stairs, he began to cry (somewhat defiantly) to express his insistence. Amy
calmly did the right thing and provided a clear 'no' with an alternative that staved
off Trace's frustration, but also kept within his boundary.
It isn't a big leap for me to see how often I'm like that 2 year old with my heavenly Father. I want to "go places" where I feel I should be; and when He puts up a barrier, I often express my own '
No comments:
Post a Comment