My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Stopped in My Tracks

I'm not sure if this will be a preview of my 4th of July message but I was "stopped dead in my tracks" this morning when I read the following in William Federer's book "America's God and Country."

"At the beginning of each session of the court, as the justices stand before their desks, the crier opens with the invocation:

'God save the United States and this Honorable Court.'"

The picture in my mind of those nine justices standing in front of their chairs with the Ten Commandments behind them and the crier before them, calling upon God in a nation that has turned it's back on God in most every way, is an incredible contradiction which I believe is symptomatic of the depths of the problems that we face as a nation.

We really must take this seriously and pray earnestly for God to save America, because I believe that left to our own devices, we will most certainly destroy her.

I'm not trying to leave you with a heavy note, but just something that I found really challenging today.

Blessings,

Dr. Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment