My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Friday, July 23, 2010

A Very Special Day

This Sunday, Carol & I celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary! I’m not even going to try to put into words what God has done in our lives in 40 years, but I do want to answer the question that I get asked the most; what does it take to be married 40 years?

The answer is simply 2 words: humility…and grace. Humility, which willing and often says “I’m sorry” and asks forgiveness for the hundreds and hundreds of times that you fall short – intentionally or not – in the other person’s eyes. Grace, on the other hand, is to learn to give things that the other person needs to know more of the love of Jesus, more joy, peace and appreciation in their lives.

I’m still growing in both of those and I’m very thankful for my wife who has taught me so much about living a life of following of Jesus, not just talking about it. Thanks to all of you who have prayed for us.

Blessings!

Pastor Jay

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 40 years! Joel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and Happy Anniversery! And thank you for your example.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful words and great advice. Thanks to both of you for being a great example to all of us!

    ReplyDelete