For those of you who are accustomed to coming to this space on a regular basis, I must apologize for the absence of entries for the last week or so. As things would have it, I was out of town and once I arrived at my destination the Lord directed my heart to spend a lot more time "disengaged" from my normal responsibilities and pursuits. Unfortunately I didn't get that divine memo until it was too late to communicate and therefore this space remained unaddressed for the past week.
On the bright side, I did come home sensing a spirit of refreshment and expectation as we move into the Thanksgiving season, soon to be followed by the Christmas holiday! I'm excited and expectant because I believe that these are the most beloved times of the year for followers of Christ and for most people in our nation as well.
Today, I just want to plant a seed in your heart about specific expressions of thanksgiving as we are just a week away from our annual day of remembrance. Now is the time to do a little bit of planning about some sort of expression of thanks that you may give personally or you as a family may share when the holiday does arrive.
I have found that, given the opportunity, Thanksgiving can become a very meaningful moment as a family because hidden and often unexpressed sentiments are thoughtfully revealed if the opportunity presents itself.
In our family, we've begun the practice of simply having everyone share at least one thing for which they are particularly thankful that has taken place in the past year. It has revealed not just moments of great celebration and victory, but moments of difficulty and trial that have resulted in a deepening of faith and understanding of who God is.
Whatever the case may be, begin today to plan to make your Thanksgiving a very special experience.
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment