My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving In Abundance!

It's been a while since I've taken the opportunity to post in this space and there's good reason for that.

Over the last ten days I've been traveling quite a bit and have also had a couple of "health issues" which need no further elaboration except to say that they've been frustrating and a little painful!

Nonetheless, I have great reason to give thanks to the Lord and want to share some of those with you with the hope that it will prompt those of you who take the time to read this message to do something similar. In our family, we like to spend a few moments before we share our Thanksgiving feast to specifically name one or two things that each person is particularly thankful for this season.

For me they would include




  • the great blessing of having all of our family together and in good health this season


  • celebrating my mom's 85th birthday last night, including 6 years of "cancer-free" living following her difficult prognosis in 2005


  • thanksgiving for the very smooth and edifying transition that has taken place in our North Way leadership team as we move forward into our "next 30"


  • thanksgiving for the opportunities to continue to trust the Lord for the things that He has promised yet to fulfill in my own life


  • thanksgiving for His gift of living in this wonderful nation, despite its frustrations and flaws


  • thanksgiving for the fact that Jesus continues to reveal Himself in ways that I can't begin to fully describe or appreciate, yet understand that it's always His sovereign hand that is guiding me!


I'm sure that you have your own list which is important to you. I strongly recommend the practice of going around the circle at the table and spending a moment or two verbalizing those things as an open expression of praise and thanksgiving. The Word teaches us that God loves to hear words of thanks and you'll be rewarded by the blessing of His favor!



Have a wonderful Thanksgiving feast,



Dr. Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment