My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Monday, May 21, 2012

Morning work outs

For quite a while, I've maintained the discipline of a 'morning time' of devotion.
There's no doubt that the brain and heart are most sensitive in the early part of the day before the clutter of life sets in.
 For quite a while, I've wanted to add the discipline of physical workouts to that morning regimen. (I've known for a long time that most trainers prefer early workouts for the benefit of 'carb burning' throughout the day).
  This was the first morning where everything worked! The day was mild and beautiful; I had a good rest and the schedule was clear. After a solid hour of riding, stretching and mild resistance training; I feel somewhat spent; but nonetheless, invigorated! There's little doubt that I had more energy to give to the work out; and thus greater benefit; plus it leaves the late afternoon and evening open to other things.
   I don't think I'm quite ready to call this a victory, but it is start that I hope to build upon in future days. Chris Crowley in his wildly successful book: "Younger Next Year" believes that one of the keys to sustaining daily workouts is to see them as your first responsibility of the day.
  After this morning's experience I can see why he's sold on this simple discipline and benefits it can provide..


  See you in the morning!


   Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment