My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Monday, November 9, 2009

Soaking in the Word

Over the last week I’ve had the wonderful privilege of soaking in the Word of God in a way that I’ve not been able to do (check that, have not been willing to do) over the past few months.

It’s difficult for me to confess that I haven’t been “willing” to do it, but it always comes down to how one apportions their time. I chose on many occasions to not soak in the Word, but to roll up my sleeves and get to work.

When I think about it, it’s the typical foolishness of human pride that thinks that I can get things done, “knowing that God understands my heart” and I’ll make up for it another time. Fortunately, as soon as I allow the Spirit to speak to me, His Word opens up and I hear Him speak comforting and uplifting words to my spirit. It’s a great joy to do so and an amazing privilege that we should never take for granted.

With all of the upheaval in our world today, we as believers need to be established on God’s Word on a daily basis. Out of this break, I am re-committing myself to soak in the Word and in prayer on a day-to-day basis because that’s the only way I can provide effective leadership going forward.

What’s your plan and, dare I ask, do you have any excuse? If so, put it aside and spend time with the Lord and your reward will be amazing!

Blessings,

Pastor Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment