My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Back on-line!

My apologies to those of you who follow my blog every day. I found myself “off-line” on Monday because for the first time in recent memory I had no internet connection!

It’s very interesting when something that you’ve come to depend on and almost take for granted is no longer available to you. You try to find ways to compensate, but in the end, you’re somewhat “enslaved” to what is available and, consequently, the fall-out that inevitably occurs.

The good news (for me!), is that I was out of touch because we’re on a brief time away to recharge our personal and spiritual “batteries” in an area that’s pretty far removed from Pittsburgh. It’s a gift to have someplace that you can go and feel comfortable, relaxed and still be very familiar with the surroundings. We’ve been coming to the same place for 17 years for these times of refreshment and it’s one of the primary reasons why we feel that the Lord’s given us the grace to be sustained through these many years of ministry.

I find myself reading long portions of scripture every day and soaking in the quiet that is here (Proverbs 1-3 has reminded me of the incredible value and need for wisdom in all of our lives).

I’ll be back on-line most days now and appreciate your prayers for us as we pray for you.

Blessings!

Pastor Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment