My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

In the Night

Over the past week, I've had a difficult time adjusting to the time change that was a result of our recent time away.

For that reason, I've been getting up regularly in the middle of the night and finding myself wondering if it's "the Lord" or simply my body giving me a hard time!

I have come to the conclusion that there is wonderful blessing to be gained by leaning into those moments and letting God speak to me, free from the distraction and noise that is inevitable with the things of everyday life and culture.

On the other hand, it wrecks havoc on the rest of the work day if you don't have time to catch up just a bit.

Like most everybody, my desire is to be more disciplined and carve out more time to be fully focused on the Lord, but until I am able to do that perhaps this is the way God can "cause His will to take place!"

In the meantime, be patient with me if I'm a little grumpy now and then!

Blessings,
Dr. Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment