My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Monday, November 1, 2010

A Brief Break

Dear Friends,

One of the great gifts I was given over 20+ years ago was the freedom to take time away from the daily responsibilities of pastoring in the local church. (I mean that with all sincerity!)

Few people fully understand the weight of the burden that a devoted pastor has for his or her congregation. Thankfully, the Elders of our church afford us, as a pastoral team, ample time to take breaks where we can rest, refresh our spirit, and spend time with the Lord, which is difficult to maintain when your weeks are packed with responsibilities, meetings, emergencies and, most especially, preparation for preaching and teaching.

Over the next 8 or 9 days I will not be in the office and therefore it is likely there will be few, if any, blog posts. (If the Lord should put something on my heart to share, I will post a blog which will go on my other social networks as well, but that will be the exception and not the daily rule.)

Thanks for understanding this important value and I covet your prayers during this brief “time out”. I’m humbled that you would take the time to read this space.

May you be blessed with the grace of Jesus in the days ahead.

Pastor Jay

2 comments:

  1. Jesus always went to the mountains to rest and talk to God~ Good for you - you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for setting an example by making time to rest.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete