My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

So Many Places

A quick run through the mall yesterday reminded me that Christmas is less than 6 weeks away and there are so many places I have to go and things I have to get done.

On a much grander scale, it also reminded me that there are so many places that truly have needs that will be asking to be addressed in this Christmas season.

If you're anything like me, you're being flooded at this time with requests from worthwhile people and organizations, all of whom make a compelling case to support them with your year end giving.

People ask me "how do I know where I should direct my giving?" Of course, the answer comes down to simply "listen to God." However, I would also say that it's a very biblical thing to care for your "storehouse" (Malachi 3:10), the place where you are fed, first; and then give as the Lord leads to other needs and requests. In this way, you will be fulfilling what I believe is the correct scriptural priority and also sharing your blessing with others with freedom and joy!

By the way, there's no better way for Christmas to be special for you than to make it special for someone else. I don't know anything more important than that in this Christmas season!

Blessings,
Dr. Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment