My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Change is Coming

For those of you who are familiar with our leadership here at North Way, the following will come as no surprise. However, I’m certain that there are some who read this space who may not know that after 30 ½ years of providing the primary leadership to this wonderful community, I am delighted to be “handing off” those responsibilities of leadership to my good friend and colleague Pastor Scott Stevens this weekend.

In scripture, there are numerous illustrations of “seasons” of responsibility in leadership. Jesus, for example, stayed completely out of the public eye for the first 30 years for his life. His primary ministry season lasted only 3 ½ years, but was perfectly aligned with the Father’s will concerning his mission to provide atonement for the sin of the world as well as living an exemplary life. The Apostle Paul had seasons of public ministry and seasons of restoration and reflection (see Galatians 2).

In our fast paced world, we basically see life as one long run and then we’re done. I’ve been blessed to have a number of seasons throughout my pastoral calling and I’m about to enter a new one that will provide encouragement, input, teaching, leadership and some perspective to the outstanding team that God has assembled here at North Way.

On the other hand, it’s amazingly difficult to think back over the past three decades and begin to summarize some of the primary learnings that God had graciously allowed me to experience. In the coming days, maybe even weeks, I’m going to attempt to do that in a way that is somehow transferable and applicable to your circumstance.

For now, I simply want to express that I’ve never been more appreciative of the grace of God or the people that He has placed in my life to be conduits of that gift to my family and me.

I’m looking forward to a great week!

Blessings,

Pastor Jay

2 comments:

  1. Thirty years in one place. Well done, old friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Jay,
    We've all have come along way since that first service!We've all have become a lot older!
    I wanted to thank you for being my Sheperd those many years,and for all of the gifts of standing by me and family,and for trusting God to trust me to explore new directions for our worship.I will aways count you and Carol as Blessings in my life and am grateful for our friendship.
    Blessings on you on your new journey,
    Lynn Mossburg

    ReplyDelete