My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Learning to Slow Down

Though many of you who may be kind enough to read this space, may wish you
had the "luxury" of slowing down a bit; let me give you a hint: it isn't as easy as you
may think.
After 40 years of living close to the "red-line" (that's maximum output for those of you who aren't 'car nuts')..it's not easy to back down to a more healthy pace.
This does NOT mean that there won't be moments of pushing the limits to achieve important deadlines; but it does mean that the "new normal" is what I've always envisioned the life of Jesus being like.
Not once does it say that our Lord was "in a hurry" to get to his next meeting; encounter or small group. Think about that. I've lived the opposite of this for far too long; and so I have to learn a new way of engaging every day.
Candidly, I don't know if this will affect "productivity". (It didn't seem to limit Jesus).
I do know that it will allow me to find "space for grace" where in the past I may have been in too much of hurry to hear that "still small voice".
I'll let you know how it's going and what I'm learning. It's rather exciting to know
that something entirely new awaits me. You can feel free to jump on board at any time!
Blessings,
Jay

1 comment:

  1. Some of Paul's finest works were produced while 'sitting' in prison; not many rpm's there.

    My guess would be that you will now have time to discover a new depth that will be even more valuable in the Kingdom.

    Many blessings in your new role; we look forward to much fruit.

    ReplyDelete