of unusual lack of certainty about this year. More specifically, I've been
waiting (in the prayerful sense) for God to show me where I'm to devote
some of limited, but passionate energies for the year ahead. Not much
has happened.
In part, this is a function of my new role at North Way. In years past,
I had my marching orders in hand; and each new year was more a matter
of 'fine-tuning' than stating new. This year is different. Others have the
mantle of leadership (with my full support), so I must carefully discern where
I am being directed to invest myself in response to God's leading.
One of the great lessons I've learned about 'making a difference' is that in
order for any of us to be able to attract other to our cause, vision or purpose;
we must be totally sold out to it! We cannot flinch when called upon to give our
all to see the mission accomplished, or others will not think of joining with us.
I've now come to realize that my 'delayed launch' to this year is, in part,
because I have been lacking that deep, heartfelt conviction about the one thing
that I need to be 'all about' in the year ahead. (I have a number of responsibilities that I must fulfill; but those are different than a passionate calling).
Our recent study in the book of Nehemiah has brought this in to focus for me.
I can't say that I have the answer yet, but at least I do see the issue very clearly
and have 'ramped up' my next steps for discerning that call. I know what I need
to do to see the target.
How about you? Are you taking action because you know what you're to do?
Do you know what that is and feel confident about it? Or, are you okay with simply
taking a "passive position" for now.(most folks are).
It's something to think about; and thankfully, it's never too late to start!
Blessings,
Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment