My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Degrees of Glory

This was a wonderful day for many reasons; the best of which was the affirmation of our incredible team of staff servant leaders here at North Way.
Today was the date chosen to "honor Jay and Carol" for their 30 years of leading our Church family through its many phases of growth and change. I must say that the words that were shared; some of which were very funny, all meant a great deal to me as they were spoken through the mouthpiece of shared experience.
What was clear to me was further confirmed in my 'Home Group' tonight: we are being changed "from one degree of glory to another" by the Holy Spirit who is present in our midst. (2 Corinthians 3:18).
I receive several daily blogs on how to transform my physical body; to eat healthy foods, exercise daily, add a few supplements etc. I also have numerous other inputs about stocks, electronics, the internet, politics, autos, Church events..well you get it.
What I think I really want to focus on doing in the coming months is captured in the simple language of Paul: "be transformed from one degree of glory to the next". This implies that a) we know what degree is our baseline and b) transformation can be measured! These are two concepts that many believers don't want to embrace. We prefer the safety on "undefined spiritual growth" because we can't fail at that.
There's plenty more to say about this; and some of it will appear in this space. (My group agreed that we need to pursue exactly what this means to each of us!)
I invite you to look at your own heart, do an assessment and then consider joining me in the journey of the "next degree".
Blessings,
Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment