My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Stress Factor

There's a great deal of debate these days about how much physical manifestations are related to the amount of stress we have in our lives.

Normally in this space I restrict my observations to biblical or theological issues with which I'm much more familiar.

However, I'm absolutely convinced as I've navigated now well over 3 years of full time ministry that many people that I meet on a daily basis, myself included, find that stress is a tool that the enemy usues to create a dissonance in our life and our relationship with the Lord. It's actually a form of "worry" and as a result leads to a breaking of our relationship with peace and thus opens us to different negative manifestations.

I'm reluctant to tie any one problem in the physical body with any one issue of stress. I'm not sure I can do that, but I can say that it's important that we bring every detail of our need to the Lord in earnest and thankful prayer, and leave it there, so that stress can't have any room in our life. (Phil. 4:6&7)

I'm still trying to practice this one and I pray it will work in your life as well.

Blessings,
Dr. Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment