Perhaps the most significant amount of feedback that I received from the Easter message was on the rather universal struggle that we all have with overcoming issues that are in our lives with regards to spiritual growth.
These can be physical, relational, financial or just a mindset, but whatever the case they keep us from being more Christ-like in our journey.
The reminder from 2 Corinthians 12:9 where Jesus says to Paul in the midst of his suffering "My grace is sufficient for you , for my strength is made perfect in weakness" is a source of incredible comfort and encouragement to me. It comforts me that God will not let me bear more than I can of obstacles and pain; and that in the midst of it I am likely to find that transformation that I most hunger for: to be like Him.
I encourage you to think about this in regards to the specifics of your life as I do on a daily basis. Resurrection power - transforming grace; they're the same thing just with a different name. It's a power that we desperately need and are promised by our loving Lord!
Rejoicing in that,
Dr. Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment