My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Day of Rest

Most Mondays have a long list of "to do's" for me. With lots of travel in the past few weeks and a pile of "tasks" sitting in front of me; I made the decision to let things sit one more day and just ... rest.
The idea of a "sabbath" is something only those who understand the nuances of the Old Testament can really appreciate. God was clear that there were to be days when we simply "stopped all work" and just rested; and meditated on Him and His blessings.
That's tough for pastors who have big responsibilities on Sundays, so for me, Monday has been that "day of rest" for the past 30+ years. I wish I could say that I've put the Lord first on all of those days; I haven't. I have, however, done a pretty good job of staying away from work issues and made time for my family; and my own recharging.
I know I need to hone this a bit because today seemed long to me. That's a sure sign that I've not been "resting" enough.
Getting ready for tomorrow...
Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment