My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Face to Face

One of the convictions that has been growing in my own heart in the past months is the value of the simple one on one, face to face, meetings that are very much a part of what real ministry is all about.

In an age where we have so much technology at our fingertips and so many meetings to attend and responsibilities to fulfill, it is not uncommon that the one thing that gets over looked is perhaps the most important thing we should do; and that is to sit down with another person fact to face, heart to heart and share what God is doing in their lives.

Last week, I did that with several people in the Sewickley Valley area and gained a fresh new perspective in terms of the anticipation, giftedness and commitment these people have to see God work through them in the months ahead.

It was refreshing, encouraging and challenging and reminded me that what I am about is not just executing programs and fulfilling deadlines; it is about being with people and helping them discover God’s best for their life.

I am joyous, that without exception, I am enriched in some way by making the time to be with them.

I don’t know if you have someone like that or I don’t know if you have plans to be with some folks like that in the days ahead, but it is probably the most needed single activity that our entire church family should embrace at this time, and these summer months provide the perfect opportunity to do so.

I encourage you to make a point of connecting with one person and you will see exactly what I am talking about!

Blessings,

Pastor Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment