Many times I may be right, but what about the times when they just present an idea that really grabs you?! That's exactly what happened to me today in what is typically just a 'touch base' kind of meeting with a friend and colleague.
By the end of the 45 minutes we had both set aside for the meeting, I found myself totally intrigued and excited about an idea my friend had suggested. More than that, I recognized that I had entered the time expecting less and receiving more than I imagined. (fairly arrogant of me, of course).
Only time will tell if my friend's ideas will come to pass, but the fact that he was both bold and honest enough to present me with some possibilities that I had never considered was humbling. I do sense that I will look at every meeting through a different set of lenses, at least for a while; and even more, I want to go into those connections prepared to share the unexpected as well.
Such things make for potentially dramatic encounters each and every day!
Blessings!
Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment