My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Welcome Reminder

While scrolling through one of the numerous emails I received today I came across this link http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=drazmveab&v=001tn3vzqXP0za0o_txv3QW6MVx4qboJ9c47u8g5XdtWfaSiEaBZJl6nB0RAY4eDt0kseBuvmi60juthj89YGsQB2mJ_Zpnxya3L6Ta2GBGa3v0EFCts0J4e_pi7CL5G5MLSvut43FhZWY%3D from Davidmays.org quoting some interesting observations by R.C. Sproul.

For those of you who do not know, R.C. Sproul has been a person of major influence in the theological dialogue of conservative evangelicalism for the last nearly 40 years.

When I first arrived in Pittsburgh R.C. was the "hot young theologian" who was conducting seminars and speaking to young aspiring leaders from his home base in Ligonier.

His ministry has been influential both in writing and speaking as he represents one of the purist positions of reformed theology that is readily accessible to "everyday" believers.

In this fascinating summary, R.C. comments on the matter of "unseen realities" which is something that I find quite interesting. This would not be his normal focus of dialogue and the presentation of it reminds us that even conservative, reformed theologians take seriously the matter of "the unseen" versus the world's tendancy to measure everything by what they can touch and feel and measure.

Over the past months I've been made increasingly aware of the "spiritual warfare" of this unseen reality as the apostle Paul describes it in Ephesians 6 and several other important scriptural passages. One of the great issues that we must face is that ignoring these "unseen realities" does not make them go away nor does it help us advance the Kingdom by neglect.

I received his comments on heaven, hell, angels, demons, etc., as great encouragement to continue to delve into these matters and to teach them broadly both to our aspiring leaders and to any believers who will listen with open hearts.

I urge you to not only read the link but to do some digging on your own and discover what may be the key to unlocking amazing spiritual freedom!

Have a wonderful day.
Blessings,
Dr. Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment