It rarely happens. This morning, my wife, Carol, came in shortly after the sun came up to tell me that she had gotten quite ill through the night and was feeling terrible.
It may sound strange to some of you, but I am quite moved by these moments because I know how sickness wipes out ones ability to get things done and second, it so rarely happens with my wife!
Carol has been blessed with an extraordinary immune system and has been very healthy for the entire (almost) forty years of our marriage!
I think the thing that struck me is how much of that I have taken for granted and how little I have had to do to care for her over the years. This is a true gift from God and something I look on today with a special sense of appreciation and a deep desire to help her over come, what I hope, is just a brief battle with some kind of tiny organism that has her system fouled up.
It almost never happens, but when it does I realize what a gift from God my wife is and how much I count on her even when I fail to tell her so.
Blessings,
Pastor Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment