Yesterday was one of those days that all of us experience from time to time, but are very glad to forget!
Worship was terrific and the experience at North Way was great as usual, but physically I was really “out of it”. I contracted something microscopic that simply drained every ounce of energy from my body and I couldn’t help but sleep through most of the day or just lounge in front of the tv and computer.
Somewhere early in the evening I realized that this is the way some people “feel” most of the time and my heart was filled with a sense of burden for the needs of people who live with constant affliction.
On the other hand, today I’m feeling “normal” once again and recognize that health is such an amazing gift that we should never take it for granted and be careful to praise God daily for it.
I’m also thankful for people who are supportive and understanding in those times and want to be more wired that way myself. In fact, because of yesterday, I’m making a few calls today to folks I know are struggling with health issues.
Life is so good so much of the time that we forget how easily it can all go away. It makes me a more “thankful” person when just one day becomes really difficult. I hope you have the same response should that day be one day soon.
Blessings,
Pastor Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment