This morning was one of those experiences that happens just because the Lord has been invited into my day.
One of our team pastors lead our worship time in the devotional for our staff this morning and his hymn of choice was "Holy, Holy, Holy" which includes the phrase "God in three persons, blessed trinity."
This very morning I'd had time with the Lord where He had reaffirmed to me the importance of studying with passion the doctrine of the Trinity because of the amazing revelation of true fellowship, community, love and purity it represents. (See Mark Driscoll's new book "Doctrine" for more on this topic.)
I marvel at how the Lord weaves experiences like that in my life. I had no idea that our pastor was going to choose that song and I really wasn't sure what I was going to share until the moment I stepped up and opened my heart about the importance of this truth.
It's a wonderful journey and especially great when you can follow the flow of the Spirit!
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
Thanks Pastor Jay - gonna look for that book!
ReplyDelete