My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Passionate Pursuit

As we continue to evaluate the amazing response of last weekend, we're also very aware of the need to passionately pursue those who have shown interest in following Christ.

People do not simply "fall into line" and begin to walk with Jesus. It takes someone who comes alongside them (just as Barnabas did with Paul) to help show them the way of faith.

Last evening I had a conversation with a young and growing follower of Jesus who had many keen insights but also some very valid questions. I could tell that we would both benefit from extended conversations around the Word of God and the truths of God ,but that won't happen unless I make time for it.

The same is true with you, loved one. There needs to be at least one person in your life into whom you're pouring some of the wisdom and grace that God has given to you.

If you don't have that one person then I pray that you would passionately pursue whoever God would have you to connect yourself with in the coming weeks. That kind of one on one connection is life changing and I don't just mean for the person that you're reaching out to: I mean for you as well!

It's one of the reasons why our church's address, 12121 Perry Hwy., is not just clever, it's prophetic.

Blessings,
Dr. Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment