My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Inside and the Outside

Yesterday was a beautiful day, for most people.

However, I wasn't feeling well and those of you who read my blog know that there wasn't anything posted yesterday.

The reason was that I just had to take some time off to recover from something that was attacking my "insides."

It's really a bit odd when there's beauty all around you on the outside, but some sort of undefined "ugliness" on the inside!

Now the reality of this analogy is that that can be very true of familes, marriages, and even churches. What God looks at is always the heart, the inside and the outside is simply the "covering" that God uses to help us engage one another. (One day we'll no longer have these bodies, we'll simply be spiritual beings! I Cor. 15)

So, though today isn't quite as beautiful, I feel better and that means on the inside I'm going to have a great day and the outside will take care of itself.

Blessings,
Dr. Jay

1 comment:

  1. Dr Jaypa.......loving your description of "having a lousy day" without all the whining....which is what I am unable to get thru myself for now......and so true about the heart being the "beauty"...it is the beauty of the soul and keeps the "ugliness" from creeping in and slows down the process of healing....thankyou for the uplift which I needed today.....

    ReplyDelete