As many of you who read this blog know, the Sewickley Valley campus of North Way Christian Community is going to have it's official "launch" this Sunday, September 26 at 11:00 a.m.
This is the culmination of 18 months of prayer, study, hard work and the building of great relationships to form the foundation of what I believe will be a powerful and loving expression of the church to take it's place in that community.
There are other good churches in the area and the Lord knows there is a great need for many more churches in years to come, just as we would say about the North Hills and other areas that are experiencing a renovation of generations.
I'm excited to see what God has in store as I've had so many other matters on my plate that it's strictly up to Him to see that the launch is a success! I'm really comfortable with that in a responsible sort of way.
When you wake up on Sunday morning pray for Pastor Curt Coffield and his team, that this launch date will mark a turning point for the Sewickley Valley and be an encouragement to the believers as well as a weekend of hope for those who have yet to discover Jesus' amazing grace.
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
http://www.northway.org/secondary/campusVenues/sewickley/sewickley.aspx
I am so excited about the Sewickley Campus. Since I've moved to the Hopewell area 15 years ago, I've been looking for a well balanced ministry that was involved in missions and community outreach; a ministry that was still preaching the full gospel and not just parts while ignoring other uncomfortable or less understood sections. I knew about North Way from way back when ... 20 years ago ... when as a bible school student at Dayspring we attended the Worship Symposiums; which were awesome! We have been attending an Evangelical Free church for the past 12 years but I have been getting restless for the past 5 years of needing more and needing to be plug in to a bigger church with more choices to plug into and become really active again. This campus is an answer to prayer and one which I'll be sharing with others I know in the Hopewell and Center area.
ReplyDeleteLisa
I am so excited about the Sewickley Campus. Since I've moved to the Hopewell area 15 years ago, I've been looking for a well balanced ministry that was involved in missions and community outreach; a ministry that was still preaching the full gospel and not just parts while ignoring other uncomfortable or less understood sections. I knew about North Way from way back when ... 20 years ago ... when as a bible school student at Dayspring we attended the Worship Symposiums; which were awesome! We have been attending an Evangelical Free church for the past 12 years but I have been getting restless for the past 5 years of needing more and needing to be plug in to a bigger church with more choices to plug into and become really active again. This campus is an answer to prayer and one which I'll be sharing with others I know in the Hopewell and Center area.
ReplyDeleteLisa