Early this morning, at 2:30 a.m., I became a grandfather once again! My son David's wife Corrie gave birth to a beautiful 8lb. 6oz. baby girl, beautifully named Elizabeth Claire Passavant.
Though I could spend pages and pages talking about the impact of the birth experience on one's understanding of life, all that really needs to be said is "we are created in the image of God" and that is not just a physical thing. As miraculous as the physical birth is, the "eternal" dimension of us, the unseen part, is what lasts forever and yet that too is initiated in this amazing gift of new life.
I lost a little bit of sleep last night and I'm sure that my son David and his wife will be adjusting in a big time way over the next several months. However, every parent knows that it's worth the sacrifice because the blessing is incalculable compared to anything else that one can experience in life's journey.
Thanks to all of you who pray for our family. I recognize that many of you "cover us" with your prayers and I believe that having four healthy grandchildren at this stage of my life and service to our church is, in part, an answer to your prayers!
Blessings in Jesus,
Dr. Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment