Even as I send this note to those of you who take the time to read my blog, I’m riding with my wife, Carol, to be with her Mom as all indications are that she’ll soon leave this earth to be with Jesus. After 99 good years in this world, Mom Watson is heading to the place that Jesus has prepared for her! (John 14:1-6)
We’ve known that this day has been coming for some time, but there’s still not an easy way to face the finality of death’s reality in our existence. That’s why Jesus called it an “enemy” that will one day be defeated and forever banished from the created order.
In a wonderful sort of way, it reminds me of what God’s called me to do, and Mom Watson was one of my greatest supporters throughout our journey; that is, to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus so that others will come to know Him, His love and grace for this life and, most of all, His promise of receiving us when our day to cross through heaven’s gates surely comes.
Thanks for your prayers and support in this time,
Pastor Jay
p.s. If I’m not able to blog the next few days you’ll know why.
My sincere prayers are with you and Carol at this time. I have not lost my mother, but I have lost my hero, my dad, about 5 years ago and it was so hard to rejoice at the time of him being with our heavenly Father instead of here with us, I now rejoice every day that I know he is there looking over our family....it's hard and yet sweet when we remember where our loved ones are.
ReplyDeleteErica and I are praying for Carol, you and your family.
ReplyDeleteMy sincere prayers are with Carol and your family. I met Carol's Mom a few years ago and found her to be a sweet & lovely person. I'm heading toward the same place (not too soon I hope).T^he years are getting short but the tasks to complete are many. My mother passed 22 yrs.ago & we miss her prayers & love very much.
ReplyDeleteShe & Carol's Mom will enjoy seeing each other in Heaven, they will have much in common. God be with you and your sweet family. Cindy said that a new addition has blessed Amy & her husband. God is good!!