Yesterday, I had a lunch with one of our committed volunteer servants here at North Way.
The get together had been set for quite some time and I knew that this friend probably had some concerns to share about the particular ministry he was involved in. I also knew that he was extremely devoted to that ministry and that he and his wife had selflessly given of themselves to see the ministry flourish throughout the season.
To my absolute delight, my friend chose not to share the things that weren't exactly right, but rather to offer to step into the void that had been left by the departure of another member of the team so that things might improve.
I want you to know how great a blessing that was to me! It is very rare for people to volunteer to take on more responsibility when things haven't gone well. Usually, they will take the opportunity to make their complaints known but have no solution for the problem. Rather, by choosing to insert himself into the situation and commit his own energies to making it better, he's bringing a resolution and not just a complaint!
If this attitude would multiply a hundred times over our entire church community would be a different place! It's very easy to find the "flaws" as Dr. Kevin Leman shared last weekend (see his entire message here http://www.northway.org/secondary/mediaArchive/mediaArchive.aspx ) However, it's another thing altogether to know the flaws but to bring potential solutions to answer them. These types of people are the ones that really make a difference in an unsung and yet very God pleasing kind of way! I can tell you without a doubt it made my whole day brighter and raised my anticipation for the next season of ministry that he will help to lead!
Blessings in Jesus,
Dr. Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment