It was immediately after the second service this past Sunday that my 3 year old grandson Jack came up to me with his weekly “picture” that he had done his best to color brightly and creatively, but within the lines.
The picture was a very familiar one of Daniel, the prophet, surrounded by several very calm lions all squatted down next to him as he stood in the midst of the den, free from fear and violence.
I asked Jack to tell me the story, and he stumbled a bit so I pointed to the main figure in the picture and I said, “Well who’s that?” to which Jack answered: “Jaypa!” (the name that my grandkids call me!)
That went around and got a good laugh for the moment, but it was a lesson to me. Whether we like it or not our children and our grandchildren see us as their heroes. We, in the flesh, represent the great heroes of the faith that they can only read about and barely understand.
What a great privilege and responsibility we have to be those “walking powerful characters” to people all around us.
Blessings!
Dr. Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment