My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Friday, July 25, 2008

They Didn't Call Back

All of us long for the “need to be needed”. I don’t think I know a single person who doesn’t care if anyone else pays attention to them. Rather, we live for that word of affirmation or encouragement and often times will do just about anything to get it.

One of the things that I have found to be “a sting” of my own ego, even after all these years, is when someone doesn’t return my call. It’s as though they are saying “I know who you are and I really don’t want to talk to you”. That may not be the case at all, but is the message that I often receive and sometimes find myself nursing for days at a time.

The fact is that my true value is not in what others think of me or even if they return my call, but in the fact that my Heavenly Father loves me and as the scripture says, “He hears me when I call”. Find comfort in that thought for this weekend.

Blessings,
Dr. Jay

“The Lord is near to all who call on Him, to all who call on Him in truth.” Psalm 145:18

No comments:

Post a Comment