My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

How To Rule In Life

As I’ve been working on the message for this weekend, I’ve come across some simple truths in Paul’s letter to the Colossians. I think the shear simplicity of what I’ve “rediscovered” is that true spiritual living is well within the reach of anyone who wants to please God!

One of the most common characteristics in the body of Christ at large is that of a critical or negative spirit. We are very good at finding the flaws, particularly in one another.

Paul exhorts us three times in three verses to “be thankful” and thereby we invite the peace, the word and the presence of God to fill our lives.

It seems like a pretty simple formula to me. Exercise my will to be thankful rather than critical and focus my heart on the will of God, and I will rule in life! (Colossians 3:15)

I know this is oversimplifying it for some, but let’s be honest; it does give us a place to start. Try just for a day to replace every negative or critical comment or thought with thanksgiving. See what happens. See who rules!

Blessings,

Dr. Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment