My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Monday, January 26, 2009

"I believe...help!"

One of the most cherished passages in the New Testament is in Mark 9:24 where the father of a terribly oppressed boy cries out to Jesus and says “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief.”

I wonder how many times you and I have been compelled to cry out with these same words. Our faith is strong until we really face difficult trials or overwhelming obstacles. At that point, we simply need to say “Lord I do believe, but I also recognize my unbelief and I need you to help me to stay strong.”

It’s important that you understand that that’s not a flag of defeat, but rather it’s an acknowledgment that we’re human and we have limitations, that we all need the Lord to, from time to time, step in to sustain us when we just can’t seem to do it on our own. I’ve also found that other people, other believers, can be a source of life and strength to us. Never hesitate to call upon someone to agree with you in faith in a time of hardship or trial. It can be one of the greatest sources of strength and faith-building that can ever happen in your life.

And so whatever you’re facing today, in these very uncertain times, cry out to the Lord and where you have faith claim your victory and where faith is lacking simply say to the Lord “help my unbelief…” and He will!

Blessings in Jesus,

Dr. Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment