My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

If God is with us...

In my re-reading of the O.T. account of the formation of the people of Israel, I find myself often wondering how the Lord put up with such faithlessness! They are continually challenging, doubting and testing God and His promise to give them "people and land".

In the end, however, it is the assurance that "God is with them" that carries them through their seasons of doubt and fear. At times, the presence is so strong, that their enemies ask them to leave! (Gen.31).

Isn't that what we all want to know? "that God is with us". It's no guarantee that we won't have hardship, but it is a certain promise that we will prevail by His grace.

That presence isn't automatic. It comes through seeking, searching and waiting on the Lord. There is a price to the presence. The assurance is worth more than anything we might have to invest to get it.

I pray that we know that "God is with us' as a Church as we venture into challenging times with mission and vision that we have been given in prayer and dialogue. I also pray that you, dear one, know that same assurance in your every day life.

Blessings!

Dr. Jay

P.S. I'd love to hear a story or two from some of you that have experienced His presence in difficult times.

No comments:

Post a Comment