My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Encouragement

The folks on our staff here at North Way know that the word for the year for our team is “encouragement.” I’m not sure exactly how the Lord plopped that into my heart except that it’s something that I wish I had been more effective in ministering throughout my life.

I’ve come to discover that encouragement requires two things: strength (which is what we give to others) and vulnerability (which simply allows people to believe that you know what they’re going through).

And so this little dance between strength and vulnerability is something we all have to learn if we are to be encouragers. I’m thankful for those who have demonstrated that to me over the years and pray that this year will be one where I’ll grow by leaps and bounds in this important ministry that every believer is called to. (Hebrews 10:23)

Blessings,

Dr. Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment