One of the things that I learned years ago in my military training was that the “high ground” was a place of strategic influence.
When you hold the “high ground”, you are able to see what your enemy is about and cut him off before he can make a move.
This is very much the same when it comes to spiritual matters. (Perhaps this is why Satan took Jesus up to a mountain in Matthew 4!)
Think about your own life and where it is that you may need to change your perspective to the “higher ground” of the revelation of scripture about a situation or circumstance that you’re in. I know that far too often I get hung up on details rather than on perspectives as God sees them. The “higher ground” means that we know how God sees things and are confident in that perspective. Then exercise the authority of the kingdom (Matthew 16:19) in order to see true change take place!
Have a great weekend and be sure to celebrate our Steelers no matter what the outcome!
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment