My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Our Open House

In a few hours we'll be welcoming nearly a thousand people onto our campus to celebrate with us in the "Open House" event of our new Atrium and Kidz space here at North Way!

I share this in the blog today because it's the culmination of several years of planning, giving, sacrificing and ultimately building very community friendly, family friendly space.

We all know that church is not about buildings. We also know that without a place to meet, we can't really go on for long.

I also use the word celebration very intentionally because it's important that we celebrate such moments. In the scriptures Nehemiah spent days and even weeks at times celebrating the victories of God as the people accomplished moments of victory in rebuilding the walls and part of the infrastructures that enabled the people of God to know that they belong.

Somehow I feel like celebration takes a back seat to more "spiritual sounding" disciplines but I believe it's equally important if we're to maintain a right view of what pleases God!

I hope that if you read this blog in time you'll join us tonight from 5:30-7:30 and celebrate with us, but if not, come this weekend or any time and simply celebrate God's faithfulness to us as His people as we try to be obedient in fulfilling the mission He's given us.

Celebrating with you,

Dr. Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment