On New Year's Day we were enjoying a great time together as a family. It was one of those relaxed kind of days where you could sleep in and still have enough time to visit with some of the most important people in your life.
It was just after dinner that I knew something wasn’t “quite right” in my insides. Within a couple of hours there was an unstoppable force taking over my body! It was nothing obvious that I had ingested, or anything I could have imagined being so violent. And yet, for the next 3 days or so, a very tiny “bug” (probably not a very technical word for a bacterial or viral infection!) took over my life. I was literally helpless at its control as it drained me of all energy and desire to get anything done.
It’s not unlike our spiritual lives either. We can be doing very well and then suddenly something happens that simply takes away our inner strength. Often it’s unseen; it can be a word or even someone’s unintended negligence.
Nonetheless, there is healing! Come to the cross and to the place where Jesus restores.
It took me about 3 days to get over my bug…it may take you longer. In any event, it reminds us of just how dependent upon His grace we are!
Blessings,
Pastor Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment