My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Monday, February 9, 2009

"Life is everywhere..!"

As I had the freedom to "roam" throughout the facility at North Way, Wexford, yesterday; I was almost overwhelmed by the countless ways that the Lord is touching lives through our Church family.

Most of us see what is happening in the sanctuary, but peel back the curtain and you'll find layers of profound engagement going on with all kinds of people.

There were nearly 100 folks in the "Daniel" class being challenged in a conversational way by Dr.Jim Platt, while 200 ft away, 30 mentally challenged adults were being loved and included in a very basic way in the "Friendship Class". We're the only Church I know that provides a weekly gathering time for this wonderful, but needy group of adults.

Hearing laughter in the Atrium as parents and kids spilled out in that awesome new space was magnetic! I can envision hundreds of new friendships being formed in that space in just this year alone!

The Worship Service was powerful, from the corporate expressions to the message to communion, but seeing 30+ people receive the gospel message and acknowledge their desire to receive new life moved me beyond words..

As I was thinking about all of this, I got word that the same things were happening with over 400 folks in Oakland yesterday..wow!

Life is everywhere because we believe..!

Pastor Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment