One of the things that most of us fear (including me!) is asking a person if they would be interested in pursuing a step in their spiritual journey, especially if you don’t know much about their background.
Recently, I had a conversation with someone who is pretty well accomplished in their profession, but hadn’t given much indication that they had any interest in spiritual things.
During our conversation the Lord nudged me to simply ask him if he would have any desire to get together to talk through some of his questions related to his faith and spirituality.
His response was not just a qualified concession, but rather, an enthusiastic “I’d be very interested in that!”
Over the next minutes I pondered how many times I had avoided asking him that question and wondered why I had been so fearful.
Friends, there are countless numbers of folks who are just waiting for someone like you to ask them to take some sort of step that would lead them in the discovery of what God’s word really says and where they stand with the true issues of life.
I don’t know what it is about “the ask” but let’s all be just a bit more courageous when it comes to that moment. Who knows when the entire trajectory of someone’s spiritual life could be changed just because you had the courage “to ask” the question!
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
Being a shut-in for the last several weekends and unable to attend Northway services I want to express kudos to the technology being used by "the Geeks" (love word) so I viewed Pastor Jay's message on my computer with the inspiring words "Get out there and start all over again"...illness sometimes drags down the spirit and listening to words from Jay were uplifting and spirit-filled so many thanks for needed fellowship and GOD's loving touch for the process of healing.....
ReplyDelete