My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Monday, February 16, 2009

R.D.

It was a bit of a shock to me this morning when I read that my friend R.D. Summers, a local “oldies” DJ, died quietly in his sleep on Sunday.

I got to know R.D. over the last 5 or 6 years as the North Way Starlight Car Cruise grew in popularity and he often talked about us on his program on Sunday nights. More than that, I had several lunches with R.D. over the past few years where I took a risk and shared about Jesus and His desire to know each of us in a personal way.

Candidly, I’m not sure where R.D. was in his faith, but at least I have the hope that he heard that message and somehow responded in his own way.

Friends, we never know when someone we know or care about will leave this earth. All we are responsible to do is to tell others what we’ve discovered (that’s the meaning of the word “witness”.)

I wonder if too often we’re more concerned about negative reactions than we are about God-less eternities. Let’s all ask the Lord for increased boldness in these days, motivated by love and shared in humility.

Blessings in Jesus,

Pastor Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment