My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

What Others See

I had an interesting exchange today with a person who’s visiting us from out of state. He’s seen a very broad cross section of our church life from the Worship Café to the regular service to a lot of time with our Oakland Community.

Perhaps his most poignant observation was “just how much community” he’s discovered with all the people that he’s met.

I wonder if many of us begin to take this incredible gift for granted. Even though we talk about small groups and community and personal relationships a lot, I wonder if we really understand how rare that experience is in today’s culture.

The person that I was visiting with has traveled the country and been in scores if not hundreds of situations and he made a point of saying how much he sensed the authenticity of our community.

To be honest, this blesses me about as much as anything I could think of! It’s an affirmation of a value that we hold here at North Way: That we will be true followers of Jesus who love Him and one another with all of our hearts!

And so let me encourage you to affirm each other when you have the opportunity. Put a value on your small group and on community and on the relationships that God gives you because they are indeed, a rare gift in today’s culture.

Blessings,

Dr. Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment