It seems that in this time of year when the temperature swings widely from the 50’s & 60’s down to the teens, more and more people are affected by some kind of viral condition that slows them down or even wipes them out.
I went through about a 10 day period of having some cold symptoms, but primarily just noticing that I didn’t have any energy to do the things that I love to do.
By the 9th day of that condition I was beginning to get concerned and wondering how I would proceed forward unless something changed. (It’s at times like that that I realize how much we take our “good health” for granted which we enjoy for so much of our life!)
The Lord mercifully changed things last night and even though most of my small group was not able to be in attendance at our meeting, I came out of my malaise and into this day and this weekend with fresh energy and anticipation.
I wonder if we also experience “spiritual bugs” from time to time when we feel a malaise of spirit and a weariness of being in God’s word or being in His presence. It’s far more dangerous than physical maladies because they can subtlety set us up for a major fall.
Why not use some of this weekend to examine not just how you are physically, but spiritually, and ask the Lord to give you a “clean heart,” just like King David in Psalm 51!
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment