In recent days I’ve had some conversations concerning a few broken relationships. These have not been easy conversations to have but the one thing I’ve discovered is this: when trust has been broken it takes a lot of effort to get back to the place where you can function with complete openness and trust.
The really good news is that because of God’s grace it is possible! The tough part is that you have to be willing to take the risk and invest the time to see trust rebuilt. In one sense, I believe that your relationship can be even stronger once you’ve passed through that season of rebuilding. Intentional trust building causes you to address the things that were foundationally weak before trust was broken and, therefore, you can look at what’s before you with a deeper security.
We’re all fallen and we’re going to disappoint people. The good news is that because of God’s grace trust can be rebuilt and very important relationships can go on!
Blessings,
Pastor Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment