One of the things that I'm most often mindful of is my daily struggle to "be like Christ". I don't expect that many of you who are reading this feel much different. We fall short...all the time!
But scripture is clear that God doesn't expect us to generate a certain "glory" of our own, but rather to simply reflect a glory that's from Him. I'm convinced that, just like a mirror, we can clearly see the object that the mirror's facing only when we are still and in position.
The Lord is the object and we are simply the mirror. Think about that tomorrow as you interact with people. Ask God to reflect His Glory through you to others so they will be drawn to Him and also be made aware that there is something different about your life.
It sure is a less stressful way to live a fruitful Christian life!
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
I'm just getting back from spending some quiet time with Jesus. One of my distinct thoughts was - I sure have trouble with mirrors. Thank you for the "perspective shift".
ReplyDelete