My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Friday, May 29, 2009

Weekends

For as long as I can remember, the most common words that are spoken as people leave the workplace on a Friday are “Have a nice weekend”!

To most people this usually implies some sort of combination of relaxation, productivity around the home, entertainment and refreshment.

Here at the church, it means an entirely different thing. It means that there’s life from Friday night through Sunday night and all day Saturday and Sunday!

Having a good weekend means that we meet with hundreds of people, we touch thousands of lives and we proclaim the life-changing power of Jesus through the way we live as well as what we preach and sing and pray.

I love weekends because I get to be with the people that I care about and have poured my life into. To see their growth and progress and faith is a great reward to me.

Sure, I miss the luxury of having a Saturday afternoon when I don’t have to worry about anything or prepare anything, but over the long haul giving up weekends has been a small price to pay for the great blessing of investing in lives that are being changed for eternity.

So “Have a great weekend” and enjoy worshipping with God’s people, sharing with those who have a need and celebrating God’s goodness in your life!

Blessings,

Dr. Jay

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for giving *us* one great weekend after another, Pastor Jay.

    ReplyDelete