As I move from the space in my office this morning to the “public forum” of praying for our nation, it’s with a certain sense of urgency and hopefulness that I go. Urgency because I feel like our nation is in very uncertain times where we need God more than most any other time that I can recall. But it’s also with the hopefulness that God answers prayer and has not forsaken us, if we’ll call upon Him according to His word.
I urge you to look at 2 Chronicles 7:14, which says:
“If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”
These are not just words on a page but the promise of the living God who exercises sovereign authority over every form of human government. That’s where I rest my hope on this National Day of Prayer and this is why I’m taking the time to make a public statement of that commitment.
I hope you’ll join with others, even around your dinner table tonight, and take a moment to pray for God to bless America once again!
Pastor Jay
I enjoy reading your comments. They are very much like your messages in that there is a practical life application. Thanks!
ReplyDelete