Tomorrow, I'll be involved in the wedding of a couple that I really don't know that well. We have an extensive pre-marital counseling protocal here at North Way, but the officiating pastor is not necessarily involved in that process, but rather skilled counselors take that role.
I look forward to doing this wedding because I've known a member of the family for a long time and have listened for years to the way she's articulated the families openness to God, but also their fear of ever leaving the denomination they've been part of.
The fact that one of the family members decided to come to North Way some years ago and now is marrying another North Way member is a perfect opportunity for me to engage this family. I can share with them, not so much about the church, but about the love of Jesus which I think has perhaps gotten lost in the wave of "religion" in which they have been living for many years.
It's not always convenient, but it's always a wonderful thing to help people in some way when called upon. I encourage you to do so this weekend because it may be an opportunity to the door for them to discover the difference between really knowing God on a personal level and just knowing about Him.
Blessings,
Pastor Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment