My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Things We Take For Granted

Though I may have commented about this some time ago, I've been dealing for a number of months with a change in my hearing.

After a life long run of having perfect hearing, I suddenly developed a virus which led to a puncture in my eardrum. This has created complications that have refused to respond to medical treatment.

I don't think the last word on this has been spoken, but it's created a deficiencey in my my hearing which I haven't had to deal with in the past.

The frustrationg thing is that several different "experts" have had completely different opinions about what took place and how to address it. This leaves me with the unenviable responsibility of making my own decision about how to treat this situation.

The good news is that this is where prayer and the belief that God heals today have to be exercised. In other words, we know from scripture that God heals everything in the human body and certainly is capable of healing my current deficiency.

It's also made me way more compassionate toward those who struggle with such unseen but very real maladies. I'm thankful for that and pray that if this is how I need to learn such lessons, I'll be more reponsive in the future!

Thanks for your prayers about this.

Blessings,
Dr. Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment